Hi, I’m Cedric! I encourage others to make strides to eat more plants and be more active by sharing simple healthy whole food plant-based vegan recipes and nutrition and research resources aimed towards athletes, those new to a more plant based diet or anyone else. I am a runner, research scientist and future nutrition and dietetics student. In 2013, I ran my first race and caught the running bug. A few years later I added a plant-based diet and my life long passion for nutrition and research and writing or blogging to my journey towards helping others live healthy.
23 years old
from Florida, United States and have lived my whole life in 3 different Floridian cities: Miami, Gainesville and Tampa
received a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Cell & Molecular Biology at the University of South Florida (Tampa)
- planning to study nutrition and dietetics as a post-bac student to pursue a career in nutrition research and as a registered dietician. The research topics I am interested in include the relationship between diet and the human gut microbiome and digestive disorders, vegetarian/vegan nutrition and sport nutrition (particularly running and other endurance sports).
- have volunteered or worked in research as a lab assistant or technician
plant-based vegan since January 2016 for health, ethical and environmental reasons and more
grew up playing a couple different sports, including swimming, but predominantly basketball
distance runner since 2013, became more focused on it in 2015, primarily training for and completing road races from 5K to half marathon. Currently coached and running with Team Florida Track Club (Gainesville).
cross training activities include weight training, yoga, biking, swimming and walking or hiking
health and nutrition: nearly my whole life. Mom calls me the nutrition expert in the family and found me a couple times hanging out in the kitchen when I was little.
cooking: ever since I became plant-based vegan and got tired of the food in the university dining hall. I now love experimenting and trying or making new things.
eating: I am naturally thin with a high metabolism so I eat a lot… My favorite foods range from hummus to sweet potatoes to falafel to oatmeal to smoothies and everything in between. It’s hard to choose one!
writing and blogging: growing up, I thought I’d become a journalist as I scrap booked and wrote about sports as a hobby. Then in my university lab courses, I enjoyed writing lab reports and research papers and I now also enjoy blogging.
- train to run, PR and have fun in all types of races, including 5Ks to 15Ks, half marathons and full marathons. Run in major road races in Chicago, Philly and New York and qualify for Boston.
- complete coursework in nutrition and dietetics, apply and get into an internship program and pass to become a registered dietician performing nutrition research.
- to make it easy, worthwhile (and delicious) to transition to a more whole food plant-based diet. I share simple recipes and researched nutrition resources to help you introduce more plant-based foods into your diet in a way that works for you.
- to highlight not only WHAT ingredients to use and HOW to use them, but also WHY to use them. What are the health and nutrtitional benefits of each recipe? I apply my background in Cell and Molecular Biology and research to go beyond the nutritional facts panel.
- to share my running journey to inspire and help others to begin or continue to run or be active and to highlight the importance of being active in combination with your food intake. I apply my interest in research to explore topics related to running.
Brands I Work With:
- Lean Green DAD: since March 2017, I have developed dessert recipes and in 2018, started making snack recipes for the site and the Lean Green DAD Plant-Based Meal Plan.
- Plant Positive Running: since mid-2017, I have created and shared articles on plant based runner lifestyle topics.
I appreciate connections and collaborations. If you have any questions, requests or want to chat, head over to my Contact page and leave a message!