Hi, I’m Cedric, a lab researcher, nutrition student, future dietitian and runner. I want to inspire you to take strides towards living a more plant-based and active lifestyle through sharing my vegan recipes, research into topics in nutrition, sustainable living solutions and natural products and my passion for running and adventure.
Plant Based Stride combines my passions for plant-based nutrition, food, running, fitness and wellness and helping you understand and implement topics in these areas in a way that works for your preference.
Plant-Based Recipes and Nutrition
My main goal is to encourage you to look beyond the nutrition facts label and connect to the source, origin and impact of the food you eat.
In my recipes, I highlight not only WHAT ingredients to use and HOW to use them, but also WHY to use them based on how they promote health, performance and sustainability towards the planet and others we share it with.
I will help you discover the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle, including ways to eat more plant based that you can implement however works for you.
Running and Fitness
My main goal is to highlight the importance of being active in combination with your food intake and understand the benefits of moving your body in a way that works for you.
I share my personal running journey to inspire you to begin or continue to run or be active and pursue your dreams no matter the challenges you may face.
- I am 23 years old.
- from Florida, United States where I have lived my whole life.
- have a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Cell & Molecular Biology from the University of South Florida.
- soon to be attending school as a 2nd degree seeking post-bac nutrition and dietetics student to pursue a career in nutrition research and as a registered dietitian.
- I am interested in include the human gut microbiome and digestive disorders, plant based nutrition and sports nutrition particularly in running.
- I work in research as a lab technician
- am plant based vegan since January 2016
- grew up playing basketball and swimming up through high school.
- started running recreationally in college, primarily training for road races from 5K to half marathon, currently coached and running with Team Florida Track Club in Gainesville.
- cross training activities include weight training, yoga, biking and hiking.
I appreciate connections and collaborations. If you have any questions, requests or want to chat, head over to my Contact page and leave a message!
You can also find me on Facebook and Instagram, where I share my meals, running progress and my inside out self. Thank you!