Hi, I’m Cedric! I am a runner, blogger, research scientist, nutrition student and future dietitian.
My mission is to help others make strides to live a healthier lifestyle by sharing plant based vegan recipes, nutrition resources and information on running, fitness and lifestyle topics in a way that can be understood and applied in a way that works for them.
Plant Based Stride combines my passions for learning and writing about topics in health, food, nutrition, sports and research and helping others understand them as well so that they may find and live their healthy lifestyle.
Through sharing food, recipes and nutrition, my aims are to:
- connect others to the source and origin of the food they eat.
- highlight not only WHAT ingredients to use and HOW to use them, but also WHY to use them for reasons beyond what we see on a nutritional facts panel.
- encourage others to discover the benefits of plant based eating and to eat more plant based in a way that works for them.
Through sharing my running journey, my aims are to:
- inspire others to begin or continue to run or be active and pursue their goals.
- highlight the importance of being active in combination with your food intake and within a healthy lifestyle.
- I am 23 years old
- from Florida, United States and have lived my whole life in 3 different Floridian cities: Miami, Gainesville and Tampa.
- have a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Cell & Molecular Biology from the University of South Florida (Tampa)
- am planning to study nutrition and dietetics as a post-bac student to pursue a career in nutrition research and as a registered dietitian. The areas I am interested in include the human gut microbiome and digestive disorders, plant based nutrition and sports nutrition.
- have volunteered or worked in research as a lab assistant or technician
- am plant based vegan since January 2016
- grew up playing basketball and swimming up through high school.
- started running recreationally in college, primarily training for road races from 5K to half marathon, currently coached and running with Team Florida Track Club (Gainesville).
- cross training activities include weight training, yoga, biking and hiking.
I appreciate connections and collaborations. If you have any questions, requests or want to chat, head over to my Contact page and leave a message!
You can also find me on Facebook and Instagram, where I share daily meals and food inspiration, my running progress and my true genuine self.