I started distance running and training for races in 2013, at 18 years old a few month before attending university. I have never ran cross country or track and have only ran recreationally with running clubs. I started with 5K races and have gradually progressed to longer race distances.
On this page, I track my running progress, finish times and future goals. The races are listed in reverse chronological order and categorized by race distance.
PRs (course time unless otherwise noted with watch time)
5K – 19:38 (watch, 2016)
8K – 35:42 (2014)
10K – 43:45 (2016)
15K – 1:11:10 (2016)
1/2 marathon – 01:43:59 (2017)
Race Log (course time unless otherwise noted with watch time, PR noted next to record times)
- 2017, Ft. Lauderdale Turkey Trot, Ft. Lauderdale, FL – 27:00
- 2017, SMiLe 5K Eastside High School, Gainesville, FL – 20:35, 6:38/mi
- 2016, Brandon 5K Brandon, FL – watch time 19:38, 6:19/mi (course time 20:04) – PR
- 2016, SMiLe 5K Eastside High School, Gainesville, FL – time unknown
- 2016, Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 5K, Tampa, FL -25:56, 8:20/mi
- 2015 Trick or Trot, USF Campus, Tampa, FL – time unknown
- 2015, SMiLe 5K Eastside High School, Gainesville, FL – time unknown
- 2013, 5K Fun Run for Aphasia, USF Campus, Tampa, FL – time unknown
- 2013 August, Movin 4 M.E., Haile Plantation, FL – time unknown (4th overall)
- 2013 April, Silly Sock Race for Enrichment 5K, Ft White, FL – time unknown (1st overall)
- 2013 March, Race the Tortoise 5K, High Springs, FL – 22:38.9 (22nd overall)
In 2013, I ran my 2nd ever race and 5K race a few weeks after the Boston Marathon bombing, which inspired me to continue running. In the race, I won 1st place overall and my mom won 1st place female.
- 2014, Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 8K, Tampa, FL – 35:42, 7:10/mi (72nd overall, 5th M age group) – PR
I ran my first 8K (about 5 miles) at the 2014 Gasparilla Distance Classic in Tampa, FL. It was one of the many races I attended with the university running club.
- 2016 March 19th, Driscoll’s Strawberry Classic, Temple Terrace, FL – 00:43:45, 07:03/mi (12th overall, 3rd M 20-24) – PR
- 2015 Thanksgiving Day, Turkey Trot Gainesville, FL – 00:45:23, 07:19min/mi (33rd overall, 4th M 20-24)
- 2014 Thanksgiving Day, Turkey Trot Gainesville, FL – 46:00, 07:25/mi (52nd overall, 5th M 20-24)
- 2014, Trot thru the Terrace, Temple Terrace, FL – 47:05.0, 7:36min/mi (12th overall, 2nd M 20-29)
- 2013 Thanksgiving Day, Turkey Trot, Gainesville, FL – 49:08.4, 07:55/mi (92nd overall, 10th M 15-19)
The 10K is one of my favorite race distances and one of the events that I have made the most evident progress in improving my finish times.
- 2016, Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K, Tampa, FL – 01:11:10, 7:38/mi – PR
- 2015 March 29th, XTERRA Trout Creek Trail Runs, Thontosassa, FL – 01:17:21, 8:18/mi (33rd overall)
At the 2016 Gasparilla Distance Classic in Tampa, FL I ran the 15K (left) and the 5K (right) right after.
- 2017 Nov. 11, Tom Walker Memorial Half Marathon, Gainesville, FL – 01:43:59, 7:56/mi – PR
- 2015, Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon, Tampa, FL – 01:56:41, 8:53/mi
At the 2015 Gasparilla Distance Classic in Tampa, FL, I ran my first half marathon and finished in my goal of just under 2 hours.
- Frank Shorter 1 Mile. Gainesville, FL (Jan 1, 2018)
- Race the Tortoise 5K. FL (Mar 2018)
- 10K. Gainesville, FL (Apr 2018)
- Philadelphia Half Marathon. Philadelphia, PA (Nov 2018)