Before you gasp at the sound of tahini in cookies, hear me out. In trying to making an oil-free, butter-free cookie, I’ve tried many different nut and seed butters and none compared to the results from using tahini! These tahini oatmeal raisin cookies cookies spread well and are crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside – my FAVORITE type of cookie.
These Tahini Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are:
- Free of most major allergens, including:
Vegan (Dairy and Egg free)
- Oil free
- Naturally sweetened
- Ideal cookie texture:
Crispy bite on outside
Soft and tender on inside
Most Valuable Ingredient (MVI): Raisins
- Raisins are made by dehydrating grapes in the sun, a practice that dates back many years as a way to preserve fruit, or through a modern heat-dryer that preserves more of the nutrients.
- More concentrated in vitamins, minerals like iron and potassium, natural sugars (and calories), fiber (2-3g per ¼ cup serving size) and phytochemical (naturally occurring compounds in plant based food) than whole fresh grapes, making them as nutrient dense in a smaller serving size.
- The phytochemicals include phenolic acids, flavonoids, carotenoids and more and they all act as antioxidants in our bodies.
- Raisins are the most researched among dried fruits and were shown in studies to have positive effects on blood pressure, cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels and digestive health.
These vegan tahini oatmeal raisin cookies are gluten free, naturally sweetened, oil free, nutrient dense and have the perfect cookie texture!
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oats quick or rolled
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 325F (165C). Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix together the oat flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
Add and mix in the tahini and maple syrup until everything is well combined.
Fold in the raisins.
Place the dough by the tablespoon onto the baking sheet spread out from one another. Flatten each one down using your fingers to about a centimeter thick and roughly cookie shape. The recipes makes about one dozen (12) medium sized cookies.
Bake in oven for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool down on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Enjoy! Store in sealed container on counter for up to 1 week.
Share your recipe creations on social media by tagging me in your photo, @plantbasedstride on Instagram and Facebook. Share any questions, reviews and suggestions in the comments section below the recipe. Thanks!